Monday, May 24, 2010

The Sneaky God We Serve

A few days ago I had the most surreal experience. It is hard to explain in words without deflating the profound nature of the event. God gave me a song – in a dream – and I woke up – and sang it.

What is profound about this? I haven’t written music since my St Mary Boys Choir days in Port Elizabeth – and that was in the early 2000’s. So why is God giving me this song now?

I woke up, sang the song and recorded it. What a beautiful song! I named it “with this tear.” Not tears of sadness, not tears of happiness – tears of contentness – keeping on with the keeping on.

I know think God gave me the song to remind me that no matter how busy life gets – I must NEVER forget to do the things that make me happy. Right now I have been focusing on one part of my love – writing; ignoring the other love of my life – music (singing; writing it; dancing to it etc).

Thank you Lord. Thank you for the epiphany! Thank you for your wonders – thank you for the love!


I choose this picture because it shows clearly what God can do - Look at the wonder. Look at the beauty! #what a mighty God!

1 comment: