Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trust - Like A Stream Of Water?

A lesson learnt? What a hard one...

I am so disappointed right now... I just spent the past six hours doing work that is not even mine – all in the work of covering people misdoings. I have always know this thing called “growing up” would be hard... but I never thought it would THIS hard.

The past few months have shown me a lot about people, especially black people at that - and their true nature.

A few months ago; being the kind person that I am (and yes I’m feeling sorry for myself right now) I vouched for someone – even though I was told the person would be incompetent – I held my head high and fought for the person to get the post.

Three months down the line – what do I hear? The person in incompetent – instead of proving THEMSELVES worthy of the post – they chose to prove THEM right - that SHE indeed should have never been hired for she is – INCOMPETENT.

I once heard an adage that life was like a stream of water – once it has passed – it never returns in the same form.

Trust and belief in people are like that too – when people take them for granted. They NEVER return in the same form again – I wish people would get that!


No comments:

Post a Comment