Friday, August 20, 2010

Articles Published Elsewhere

... so I have been ignoring my own blog and writing elswhere of late.

I'm really enjoying my life as a writer so far, especially when people start engaging with my work critically.

I have this feeling inside, the more I talk with other young people about pressing issues in Africa that we are indeed 'The Choosen Ones'. That we are going to just fix things in the world and change it for the better.

I talked to a friend who had read one of my articles and I was so suprised how many people read and most importantly THINK about things.

Life as a writer can be hard at times, you never know who has seen your work, what they thought etc unless they comment (of which very few people do).

Anyways I just wanted to share this 'feeling' with you guys (I know someone, somewhere is reading this) that the future is indeed bright for Africa's children... I do not have proof because WE ARE. Look at us to see. 

Anyways... I just wanted to post up some links to articles that I have written elswhere - enjoy: 

Moving beyond “A Man Who Is Not a Man”: The tough questions for an old Xhosa custom: http://www.thatshowitis.co.za/blog/entry/moving_beyond_a_man_who_is_not_a_man_the_tough_questions_for_an_old_xhosa_c/

“We have to do for science what Mandela did for Rugby”: a call for the democratisation of science in Africa: http://www.thatshowitis.co.za/blog/entry/We_have_to_do_for_science_what_Mandela_did_for_Rugby/

Delayed Activism: How African intellectual’s failed the economically marginal with the 2010 World Cup: http://www.thatshowitis.co.za/blog/entry/delayed_activism_how_african_intellectuals_failed_the_economically_marginal/

Have a HAPPY weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment