Friday, August 27, 2010

The First Time I Flew: The Heavens and Earth's Collided

The past few days have been nothing less than surreal for me I must say.  I feel blessed beyond words, really adjectives fail me, the Lord has been so good to me.

I was recently invited to attend the Africa Centre for Climate and Earth Systems Science (ACCESS) launch in Cape Town. I was asked to present a paper I had writen for Thatshowitis.co.za.

One of the most exciting things about this trip was the fact that I was going to fly down to Cape Town - something I had never experienced before, at least not in this lifetime.

I was excited, I was sad, I was happy and I was terrified - all at once. So Saturday the 21st of August came and I headed for Port Elizabeth. Checked in my luggage, and then headed for the plain.... my heart began to beat faster and faster... not bacause of the horrible stories I had before heard about Kulula.com before, but because I honestly could not believe that this was it - that the moment right there was the moment where I would for the first time in my life after over two decades on the planet finaly FLY!

And fly indeed I did! The 1 hour flight to Cape Town from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town literally felt like five minutes. I never once stoped looking outside the window. I do not even think the people around me understood my euphoria - and I did not care for I was FYLING.

Once again therefore - I am grateful to the Lord for the mercies he shows everyday and making sure that this "Black bird of promise" stays flying...

Keep Flying

Below are some picture I took outside and on the plane!




No comments:

Post a Comment